Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Day Two, 2013

I had goals to start this blog with a super positive, go woman type of post. I activated this "welcome 2013" blog on the first day of 2013,  managed to type out a bunch of words; yet, it took me all day to not finish. what I learned that day, is that I have no idea how to sit still. I always have to be doing something, productive or not, but something still the same. I went a little crazy on the first day of 2013; but, that was OK. Something else I learned as 2012 came to a close and 2013 began, was the importance of the relationships I began to build. Strong female relationships. Never knew how important it was to have girlfriends and not just a best friend, or a boyfriend or husband; but girlfriends. 

This was the original motivation to this blog I created here. I wanted to express the value I have realized in regards to the relationships I was able to build. Since the beginning of my adventure out of my parents house and into the world of real, I never knew the importance of relationship building. I was an individual always on the go. Tough and stubborn, full of pride and ambition. I didn't have time to stop. In those tough times when a friend would normally come and be at your side, I was without. I would only let this bother for a minute or two, lace up my boots and carry on. My trust in people was broken at a young age and my heart became barred. It took me three years before I would fully allow myself to learn my best friend as my best friend. I built one solid relationship after her and after that I had my dog. For the longest time I was quite content on not letting anyone else in. 

Sure trust, love, and the revealing of ones true self can take time. Yet, when all us stubborn, prideful women who are genuinely afraid; let their guards down, even slightly, we can then, come together. This is the best thing that happened to me in 2012. 2012 the year of dramatic change. Dramatic for me, yes. Only a few major changes; like losing an apartment, moving in with strangers, losing a dog, losing a boyfriend, losing an identity in the form of identity theft. Add on the things some of my girlfriends went through, good or bad and I'll say I agree with that saying. Needless to say I was well prepared to ring; toss out 2012. Good riddens year of dramatic change. Good riddens the previous years before. Too much dramatic change, I'm ready for solid consistency. 

I believe I am beginning to find that, consistency. Yeah, I have amazing females in my life and several solid men. Yet it is the women who carry each other. We understand, we relate, we talk, we get it. These relationships will carry me all the way to the end. Some may grow distant others will grow stronger. Yet, begin they all will. No longer will I be afraid to open my heart; share my journey, my struggles and my battles; seek advice, accept words, and enjoy a glass of wine, with the amazing women in my life. Cheers to all who have entered my life in 2012, much gratitude to those who were there long before. You are all amazing and I am honored to call you my friend; thank you. And thank you 2012, you have been a shitaly amazing year!

No comments:

Post a Comment